There are tons of articles out there about how to face your fears.
The problem is that they either just pump you up and give you motivation with no information on what to do…
Or, the information doesn’t take into account drilling down to the root of your emotional motivations which can give you UNLIMITED power to push through whatever’s holding you back, and then building a lifelong system of how to deal with things.
And that’s just annoying and frustrating.
It’s not easy to face your fears and there has to be more to it than just watching some videos.
I wrote about how you can systematically face your fears by creating a 5-step habit stack which you can use anytime you need to push through something at Develop Good Habits:
…I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be on my death bed thinking about all the stuff I wanted to do, and all the time I had to do it…But reflecting and knowing I was just sitting, thinking, and waiting for things to happen and for me to get better.
Now that REALLY scares me.
Here are some fears that I’ve had to deal with and keep working on everyday:
- Social anxiety and meeting new people.
- Intimacy and people getting close.
- Starting a business and going off on my own, not working for a regular 9-5 job.
- Moving overseas to live in new countries without knowing anyone beforehand.
I’m proud to say that I’ve gotten a better handle on these and the results speak for themselves in having girlfriends, my blog, my pictures from Thailand and Vietnam…
But that’s not good enough is it?
You Want to Move Forward, but Here’s the Problem…
There are WAY TOO MANY “rah-rah” let’s-all-be-motivated-and-do-it type blog articles to pump your state up that leave you feeling good…
But then you get no actionable advice on how to tackle whatever fear you’re facing.
Here at Develop Good Habits, Steve talks a lot about creating habit stacks. These are things you do altogether to accomplish something like going to the gym, feeling good in the morning, etc.
In this article, we’re going to apply that thinking to conquering fear.
You’re going to learn:
- Why having a system to conquer fear is better than just FORCING yourself to deal with it.
- How to ROCKET yourself to WANT to conquer your fears by uncovering your hidden “why”.
- A 5-step system to conquer your fears with action steps you can take right NOW.
Click here to read the full article.